What is a Mini Dishwasher?
In these modern times, the refrigerator, microwave, table or blender are not the only essential items needed in a kitchen. The mini dishwasher has become very important with time, and many people would instead invest in that first as it is very convenient.
Dishwashers have made our everyday life much easier as it saves on time and resources like water and electricity.
Gone are the days when you are forced to do dishes by hand for hours and get your hands all soggy; at the moment, you can do washing within minutes while you carry out other kitchen activities like chopping your onions and cooking at your convenience.
However, these machines come in different sizes, and this impacts the amount of space that they can take in your kitchen; freestanding or built-in dishwashers, in this case, are usually too big and, as a result, might not fit in a small kitchen.
This trouble has been solved with the availability of mini dishwashers, which are perfect for small kitchen spaces and can still perform their work effectively at the end of the day; therefore, you do not have to worry about not getting a dishwasher because you have a small kitchen.
Additionally, mini dishwashers are affordable if you want to spend just enough money; therefore, there is no need to worry about spending a lot of money.
What is a mini dishwasher?
These are small-sized dishwashers when compared to other traditional dishwashers, which are usually 24 inches in size (or 60cm). They are sometimes referred to as compact or space saver dishwashers, and just as the name suggests, these machines are commonly used by individuals looking to save on space in both home and commercial kitchens.
Mini dishwashers measure approximately 18 inches (or 45cm) in size and are designed to fit either below the counter or beside your kitchen sink as they are small and, as a result, fit just perfectly. They come in various designs; for instance, some have visible controls or hidden panels, and others are fitted with towel bar fronts or sleek and seamless profiles.
Furthermore, some are even suited to have customizable panels that blend in with your surrounding cabinetry.
Why you should buy a mini dishwasher (RB-35 Benchtop Dishwasher)
The RB-35 is one of Rhima’s most compact models suitable for washing dishes, cups, and glasses in bars, coffee shops, restaurants, and various other food outlets required to comply with HACCP guidelines.
It is a compact, high-quality stainless steel (AISI3014) dishwasher designed for places with limited or minimal space.
It has all the attributes and benefits of the separate wash and rinses action found in other large machines.
RB-35 Benchtop Dishwasher has the following benefits that make it suitable and efficient for your business:
- It is a small compact machine that allows it to be installed in an area with minimal space.
- It is fitted with a double-walled door and therefore less heat escapes, and you can touch the machine since it is not too hot.
- An easy-to-understand and use soft-touch panel that indicates temperature and alarm errors.
- It has a thermostop that acts as a safety system that ensures the dishwasher reaches the correct temperature levels before completing the cycle to comply with HACCP guidelines.
- A built-in detergent pump that helps remove manual dosing of detergent.
- An easy-to-remove nozzle and filter for cleaning purposes.
- It has a backflow prevention valve that halts dirty water from leaking back into the clean wash water.
- Four cycles pre-set to 60/90/120 and 180 seconds.
- Low water consumption (approximately 1.4 litres per cycle).
- AISI304 Stainless Steel Construction.
It has the following features:
- Power supply 240V
- Total Power 2.08 kW
- Total current 10 amp
- Wash tank capacity 9.5 ltr
- Rinse water consumption (per cycle) of 1.4 ltr
- Rinsing temp (approx) 85 degrees Celsius
- Rack size 350 by 350 mm
- Tallest washable glass 19.5cm
- Weight (empty) 28kg
- Water connection ¾ hose
Benefits of buying a mini dishwasher
A mini dishwasher is a handy machine, with its main benefit being that it is small in size and therefore does not take up a considerable amount of space in your kitchen.
The kitchen is among those places in your home that needs to have enough space because this is where the food that humans consume goes through, and therefore it becomes much easier to maintain high standards of hygiene when the area is spacious.
Mini dishwasher models can wash up to 6 sets of dishes compared to a full-size model that can do from 9 to 17.
The mini dishwasher has the following benefits:
- It saves on space: Due to their small size, they require very little space; you can place them on the benchtop, cabinet, or another home appliance.
- Efficient and economical: They are very efficient to use as they save on water and do not consume electricity.
- Affordable: It is easy to acquire since the price is pocket friendly, and you will still be able to get the most out of it since it has all the features of a standard dishwasher.
- Functionality: Compared to other full-size models, the mini dishwasher is not inferior as it does the work perfectly.
- Quietness: it does not produce much noise while functioning; the noise is minimal, making it very convenient.
How to decide if a mini dishwasher is what’s best for your business
When it comes to purchasing one of these machines, you are looking for something that will meet all the needs and requirements and avoid any inconvenience in the long run. That is why you must understand what factors you should look into before buying one of them for your business.
An excellent mini dishwasher should be functional and convenient at all times. The maintenance costs should be easy to attain because it is pretty standard for machines to malfunction once in a while, especially if they have been in use for a very long time.
The following are some valuable tips for buyers looking to purchase a dishwasher:
- Energy efficiency: Ensure that you check the energy efficiency index of the model you are choosing; this indicates the level of power usage for that particular dishwasher. It will be a waste of money if you end up spending more after buying a dishwasher when the main goal is to use available resources and, in this case, energy appropriately.
- Functional features: A mini dishwasher is convenient for a small setting since it has a limited capacity. Features like regulating the amount of energy and water being consumed in this case become essential. Some can allow you as a user to select the desired modes of operation.
- Dimensions: Despite being compact, mini dishwashers also differ in size. The smaller the device, the lesser dishes it will be able to handle. It would be best if you considered this because a business needs to operate swiftly.
- Installation: Some installation procedures might be challenging for you, and as a result, there is a necessity to get a professional electrician who can do the installation for you. The essential requirements for installing a dishwasher are a water and power supply section and a drainage point.
- Design and visual appearance: A good mini dishwasher should blend with the interior of your kitchen and match other designs of other appliances.
At Rhima, we have one of the finest dishwashers that meet everything that you will need to comfortably run your business; one of these machines is the VU-40 Under bench rental washer, which is convenient for restaurants, coffee shops, tea houses, bars, offices and several other food outlets.
The cycle time for this particular dishwasher is about 90, 120, and 180 seconds or intensive.
If you are strictly on budget, this is just the perfect addition for you as it meets all the requirements of the HACCP guidelines.
They are capable of washing two racks simultaneously; this creates room for double the wash in less time.
The standard features of the under bench rental washer include the following:
- A built-in detergent and rinse aid dispenser
- Four wash cycles and self-cleaning cycle
- It has a double-skinned door for energy-saving purposes.
- It is fitted with a thermostop system that guarantees 100% sanitization.
- A drain pump that permits waste installation in any place.
- Commercial-grade construction, heavy-duty.
Rhima has over 30 years of experience in providing excellent professional washing solutions in all commercial industry sectors. We have built a good reputation as the front-runner in the market for products, services and supplies.
At the moment, our rental service places professional washing equipment within reach of available businesses, whether it is big or small.
Preventative Maintenance and HACCP testing: Temperature checks with a calibrated thermometer, residual protein swabs and complete maintenance on the machine are some of the services offered here.
Rhima technicians will service and maintain your dishwasher at its highest performance level and reduce the risk of an expensive breakdown. Some of the benefits of Rhima preventative maintenance include:
- You get to save on electricity costs
- Savings on total maintenance costs
- Savings on water
- Low detergent usage
- It prolongs the lifespan of the equipment
- Offers insurance against unexpected major repairs
- Unplanned costs and stoppages are eliminated
How do you use a mini dishwasher?
- Set it beside your kitchen sink and connect it to the faucet; ensure that the other connections are installed in their appropriate sections, that is, the power supply point and the drainage, which can be the sink.
Are small dishwashers any good?
- Yes, they are. They are small and therefore can fit anywhere in the kitchen. Additionally, its functionality is no different from that of other traditional dishwashers. It is efficient and performs excellently.
Is there such a thing as a mini dishwasher?
- Yes, there is. It refers to small-sized dishwashers, sometimes referred to as compact dishwashers. They are called mini because of their small size compared to other dishwashers that are usually large.
What are the different types of dishwashers?
- Built-in Dishwashers, Portable Dishwashers, Drawer Dishwashers, Countertop Dishwashers and Integrated dishwashers.
Do portable dishwashers uses a lot of water?
- Portable dishwashers are efficient when using resources like water, and therefore, they consume less.
How does a countertop dishwasher drain?
- It is connected to your sink’s faucet, draws in water and then expels it through a drain hose that empties through your sink.
Do countertop dishwashers have heating elements?
- These types of dishwashers come with water heaters with varying power levels; these kinds of machines usually have two or more settings to vary the heater’s power.
Which countertop dishwasher is the best?
- The best countertop dishwasher is the one that suits all your requirements and needs.
How long should a dishwasher last?
- With proper maintenance, a dishwasher will last for as long as 10-15 years.
What can I use if I don’t have a dishwasher?
- You can soak your dishes in warm water, and use a glove and detergents to do the handwashing. Hot water helps eliminate tough stains in your dishes and glassware, while gloves are used for hygiene reasons.
How long do portable dishwashers last?
- Between 7 to 12 years
What are the smallest dishwashers?
- The compact dishwashers, also known as space saver dishwashers.
What are the two types of dishwashers?
- Standard built-in dishwashers and portable dishwashers.
How many different sizes of dishwashers are there?
- There are three basic types: standard, compact or custom. They can vary in width, depth or height; this entirely depends on the manufacturer.
Is it cheaper to use a dishwasher or wash it by hand?
- Yes, it is. Using a dishwasher saves on water and other used resources when compared to washing dishes by hand.
Is it better to use a dishwasher or hand wash?
- It is better to use a dishwasher that is efficient and convenient. Not to mention the hygiene standards can be reached when using a dishwasher, however, there will be issues with this when handwashing.
Do freestanding dishwashers need to be plumbed in?
- Yes, they do; there is no complicated installation required for this.
Do you leave the faucet on for a portable dishwasher?
- The dishwasher does perform functions like turning on and off the water as the cycle runs, and therefore, you do not have to worry about leaving the faucet on.
Can you put a countertop dishwasher under a sink?
- Most countertop dishwashers are not designed to be fitted under the sink, and therefore it is not advisable to do so unless instructed differently. However, it can still be done if the drain point is higher than the drain outlet.
How do you install a dishwasher in a small kitchen?
- Connect it to the water (the faucet) and power supply (any provided socket), and ensure there is a drainage point which could be the sink itself.
Can I install the dishwasher before the countertop?
- You should install other appliances first and finalize by installing the dishwasher.
Does a dishwasher need to be near a sink?
- Dishwashers should be placed near a sink unless you have an extendable hose.
Does a dishwasher need plumbing?
- To install a dishwasher, you do not need advanced plumbing skills, although you should have at least the technical know-how so that you can do the right thing.