WHY DOES A RESTAURANT NEED A COMMERCIAL DISHWASHER
Restaurants have evolved over the years; this has been necessitated by several factors like an increase in population, change in food preference, and laws and regulations of a country that demand certain conditions to be met by restaurant owners.
One of the noticeable changes is the use of commercial dishwashers, which have improved working conditions and, even more importantly, made washing dishes not only easier but efficient. Back in the day, you had to depend on a person to wash your dishes; while this is not a problem, it does have its limitations, like properly erasing grease from glasses or quickly washing dishes so that you can meet the orders of your customers.
These dishwashers could not have come at a better time than this, when the population is ever-growing, and people visit restaurants for various reasons. For others, it is celebrating an anniversary or a birthday while others bring their loved ones for a date. Whatever the reason is, these customers expect the best services to be offered quickly and conveniently as they go through their schedules. Commercial dishwashers make it much easier for you to meet these demands without stressing too much about it. That is why many restaurant owners are opting to invest in them to save time and help workers focus on other areas in the kitchen.
It would be best to consider various factors before purchasing a commercial dishwasher, but it is mostly volume and allocated space. Most of these dishwashers are large, and you would not want to fill your entire space with one kitchen piece of equipment; this could hinder movement in and about the kitchen.
From the term commercial, you can already tell that the equipment is completely useful for business purposes because of enhanced technology that makes their functioning all the better. However, you must understand that there are various types of dishwashers that you can select based on your wants and needs because each has different features and differ in size. Some of them include:
- Conveyor Dishwasher: This one is large but very powerful. It can handle and process approximately 350 to 1000 racks daily. It is professionally fitted with stainless steel and is designed for use in restaurants, hospitals, and many other places where high-volume operations take place. It has both high temp and low temp models. It is advisable that you seek a trained electrician to hard-wire them.
- Compact rack dishwasher: These are considered mini versions of conveyor washers that are made to be connected to clean dish tables or not-so-clean/dirty dish tables. They can process about 30 to 350 dish racks daily. High and low temp designs are also available, and it is still advised that an electrician should do the installation for you.
- Pass through dishwashers: These ones are said to be the best for restaurant businesses where haste is required as they can keep up with the high volume of dishes that should be cleaned, but it is also designed to meet the medium volume. It can wash about 720 to 1440 plates in an hour.
This and many more commercial dishwashers are available at Rhima, where hospitality is highly regarded and taken seriously, ensuring that all these machines function as designed.
Commercial dishwasher importance in a restaurant
In this modern age, restaurants get many orders, and it would be rather unprofessional for a customer to be told that they need to wait until all the plates and glasses are washed. Such kind of incompetency might cost your restaurant a lot of money as the reputation will be damaged. With commercial dishwashers, the time factor is one of the key elements that has been sorted as you can wash a huge number of dishes within minutes and have them clean and ready for use.
Commercial dishwashers are very efficient in a restaurant environment, especially for the cooks and other kitchen staff. Instead of focusing on cleaning dishes, they can handle other matters related to food, like complaints or properly meeting the needs of customers as the dishwasher handles its core function.
The most paramount importance of a commercial dishwasher is how it promotes food safety, with the special design where it cleans dishes at high temp, effectively removing any residues from dishes and glasses by using the commercial glasswasher. It will be unfortunate if food safety handlers find you on the wrong side simply because of dirty dishes.
Investing in dishwashers as a restaurant owner is highly recommended because it will save you time, and as a result, you might get a bigger profit than before when you did not use these machines. It might be expensive initially, but the rewards are worth it.
How having a commercial dishwasher in your restaurant helps with client experience.
Clients make the business operational, and therefore they must have their needs attended to professionally and conveniently as this will only improve your reviews as a restaurant.
Therefore as you set your goals to achieve client satisfaction, a commercial kitchen should have a commercial dishwasher capable of quickly and properly cleaning dirty dishes.
The client experience will be different in many ways; for instance, they will get cleaner dishes. It is a common mistake that many restaurants make, especially the local ones, not cleaning something like a glass properly might leave it with a stench that will displease your clients. This can be avoided with a commercial dishwasher as they effectively clean your dishes at high temperatures that kill germs and help remove oily dirt.
Less time is spent washing dishes; therefore, you do not have to worry about running out of dishes to serve your clients. Most commercial dishwashers have a high wash cycle; most can clean up to 300 dishes in a short period.
Your clients do not have to worry about hygiene as commercial dishwashers clean dishes properly and effectively remove stains, dirt, and grease. Hygiene is important as you do not want your clients complaining about food poisoning; therefore, your clients know that they are in safe hands with this kind of dishwasher.
Benefits of Rhima dishwashers
At Rhima, we ensure that our dishwashers achieve high standards that will give our equipment efficient and commendable performance. When purchasing from us, you will be comfortable noting that you are getting just a dishwasher, but one that will not fail you in the future but will deliver as you demand.
Water usage is minimized compared to when you do regular hand washing which demands that you use more water and detergents, and this same feature will ensure that you save both time and money. This will save the cost expenditure in your restaurant since you will not incur a lot of money on water bills. Workers may use a lot of water to wash a few dishes, but with a commercial dishwasher, you will save plenty.
To ensure that our users get the best dishwashers in the market, we offer them continuity and reliability thanks to our local staff who understand the market well and, therefore, have become specialists, personal yet independent relationship with Europe that gives space for quick responses to emergencies and local properly trained and independent support.
Our priority at Rhima is to deliver a dishwasher with extreme efficiency levels accompanied by the latest technology, which results in the lowest cost of ownership.
If you want to get regular maintenance, Rhima can schedule this for you on a contract basis. Additionally, we conduct safety, hygiene, and temperature tests constantly with the prime aim of ensuring that the machine you are using meets the ultimate standards.
Deciding on which commercial dishwasher to use
When looking for a commercial dishwasher, you are trying to find something that will be very efficient, affordable, and fits in the kitchen space. All commercial dishwashers are designed to fit in particular areas, and you can find a big or small one and decide on which one to pick based solely on the available space; therefore, you do not have to be worried about not finding a dishwasher as there is always one that will meet your requirements.
When deciding on which commercial dishwasher to use, you can consider the following factors:
- Is it affordable?- If you have enough finances to purchase a particular dishwasher and still spend on other restaurant activities, then go for it. Depending on size and features, some have enhanced features like wifi for remote control.
- Will it saves on water and electricity effectively?-One of the primary objectives of purchasing a commercial dishwasher is to save on water and electricity. Therefore you should keenly study this as you purchase one so that you do not encounter losses later in the business.
- Does it fit in the available space? Getting a large dishwasher will not be advisable if your kitchen space is small. But if you have a big space, you can get one, and the most important thing is to ensure that any space left available is enough to carry out other activities like cooking.
- Cost and maintenance factor- After purchasing your commercial dishwasher, it is also necessary to consider that you will incur some amount to maintain it. To ensure that your machine does not fail to function, investing in maintenance is necessary. Therefore put into consideration this type of expenditure.
- Installation requirements- Most commercial dishwashers are complex and powerful and, therefore, will need an experienced electrician to carry out the installation for you.
Rhima prioritizes giving its clients the best services. It has emphasized high-quality hospitality and ensures that the commercial dishwashers it delivers to you meet your needs.
We have a professional staff that is available 24/7 to solve any issues you want to be addressed for you.
Rhima has built a name for itself globally and maintains a respectable reputation backed by our partnership with international companies with non-competing product lines.
We ensure that our dishwashers comply with HACCP and OH&S guidelines because we want our customers to get the best results from our machines.
Flight Type Dishwasher
Rhima offers one of the best industrial dishwashers like the Flight Type Dishwasher, designed to deal effectively with heavy workloads. Several flight-type dishwashers range up to 10,000 plates per hour with a usable belt width of 710mm and a usable height of 450mm.
They have several benefits as follows:
- A range of diverse conveyor belts are available which gives options for different-sized items.
- An auto-timer necessitates the rack conveyor motor and the electrical options to be turned off after a pre-set lapse time of inactivity.
- Fitted with insulated doors, which helps to maintain a constant temperature.
- Wide inspection doors that give full access to the wash zone.
Preventative Maintenance and HACCP testing: Temperature checks with a calibrated thermometer, residual protein swabs, and full maintenance on the machine are some of the services offered here.
Rhima technicians will service and maintain your dishwasher at its highest performance level and reduce the risk of an expensive breakdown. Some of the benefits of Rhima preventative maintenance include:
- You get to save on electricity costs
- Savings on total maintenance costs
- Savings on water
- Low detergent usage
- It prolongs the lifespan of the equipment
- Offers insurance against unexpected major repairs
- Unplanned costs and stoppages are eliminated.
What type of dishwashers do restaurants use?
- Commercial dishwashers like under-counter and glasswasher dishwashers.
Can you use a regular dishwasher in a restaurant?
- No, commercial dishwashers are designed to meet the high demands in a restaurant.
How many dishwashers does a restaurant need?
- A fully-sized restaurant will need 2-3 dishwashers, one is enough for a small one.
Why are restaurant dishwashers so fast?
- So that they can meet the high demands of clients by quickly washing dishes and having them ready for serving purposes.
How important is a dishwasher in a restaurant?
- Very important, it saves time, guarantees efficiency, and promotes food safety.
Should you rinse dishes before putting them in a dishwasher?
- It is not necessary; to scrape off any food remains, and the dishwasher will do the rest of the cleaning.
How long should a dishwasher last?
- The average lifespan is said to be approximately 6-10 years.
What does decibel mean in a dishwasher?
- Usually referred to as Db, it is what the appliance manufacturer uses to gauge how loud something is
What dishwasher has the shortest wash cycle?
- Dishwashers have the option to run a shorter cycle
What is the difference between a commercial dishwasher and a home dishwasher?
- Commercial dishwashers use more heat to do the cleaning than a home dishwasher ad they are also much faster.
What is the minimum required rinse temperature for a dishwasher?
- 82-88 degrees Celsius
What is the high temperature of the dishwasher?
- This is a dishwasher that functions at over 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65 degrees Celsius)
How do I check the temperature of my dishwasher?
- Using a candy thermometer, turn on a faucet near the dishwasher and insert the thermometer in the glass until the temperature stops rising.
How often would you replace your dishwasher?
- Dishwashers can last for 10 years if well maintained, and they are easy to repair as unusual functioning might result from one or two parts failing to work properly.
How do I choose a dishwasher?
- Choose one that fits your needs regarding the wash cycle, energy consumption, and how much space it will take in your kitchen.