Dishwasher repair becomes a necessity at some point because, just like any other machine, dishwashers tend to fail from time to time. Additionally, since a malfunction is almost inevitable, you must consider maintaining your machine after a certain period to avoid major disasters in the future when you are in the middle of doing your dishes. Unfortunately, it crashes and slows down the services in your business.
At Rhima, we are fully aware of all the mentioned possibilities. That is why we pride ourselves on having one of the best services and support to promote high standards for our excellent brand of dishwashers. We consistently provide quality services for our clients by presenting a professional team that will meet all your needs and requirements hence leaving you satisfied.
Rhima headquarters is situated in Braeside, Victoria, Australia, and has been on the Australian market since the 1990s. This serves as a clear indication that we have incredible experience in the market. With that, we can mitigate the issues that arise when you purchase these machines from us, like the benchtop dishwashers and commercial dishwashers.
Therefore, as a client, you have no doubt when purchasing from us that you are acquiring one of the best dishwashers in Australia because we believe in maintaining high standards at all times.
When your dishwasher is not working as effectively as you would hope it to
It will not be an unusual occurrence if at some point during the middle of the cleaning of your dishes, you hear a suspicious sound coming from your machine or if it stops running; this should be expected to happen, especially when you have not been conducting regular maintenance.
The good news is that all the malfunction issues that happen to a dishwasher have a solution, and within no time, you will have it fixed and good to run once again. It is crucial to know and understand that the price to pay might be significantly higher compared to what it costs to maintain it.
It might be more costly to repair than maintain because fixing a broken machine could include buying new parts, which are expensive to acquire.
However, a dishwasher could fail to function even a week after you purchased it because, for a certain reason, the point is, sometimes a malfunction is unavoidable. This particular issue is covered by the warranty, which ensures that any problems that might arise during a certain agreed period, like one year, are sorted out for free.
There are several possible reasons why your dishwasher could fail to work; for instance, it could have a dirty filter, a broken soap dispenser, or a clogged spray arm.
If at any given moment you notice something wrong with your dishwasher, you must seek a professional qualified to handle the problem, especially when you have no experience in that field; you should avoid attempting any repairs as you might cause further damage.
The main reason why your machine is not working could be because it is dirty and needs a thorough cleaning, but this is not always the case; the following are some descriptions of potential drawbacks you might encounter:
- A dirty interior- Various items, little food bits, grease, soap scum, or remnants from hard water tend to accumulate on the inside of your dishwasher, and this could instigate a malfunction. Therefore you must clean the dishwasher regularly; it is also one of the first steps you should take when you realize it is not working properly. If it is a little buildup, you can do the cleaning by pouring vinegar in the bottom and running a full cycle, and if it is major, follow instructional guidelines which differ for various dishwashers.
- Dirty filter- Older versions of dishwashers may have a self-cleaning filter that grinds down food particles until they are small enough to be washed away. The new versions are fitted with a removable filter that needs to be taken out and cleaned from time to time. The filter is usually fitted below the racks and commonly topped with a twist-off cap. When the filter needs to be cleaned, start by removing it from the machine, this should be done while following the user’s manual instructions and rinse it thoroughly under hot water.
- Broken soap dispenser- Sometimes the detergent is having trouble reaching your dishes during the wash cycles. This is commonly resulting in an empty detergent bottle or the probe not submersed in the chemical, and to fix it either connect a full bottle of chemical or push the probe further into the bottle so that it is submersed in the chemical.
These are just a few possible causes of a malfunction in your dishwasher; any other could include low water temperature, water volume or pressure issues, and a failing inlet valve
Did you know that at Rhima we offer dishwasher repairs
On top of providing efficient high-quality dishwashers nationally, at Rhima, we also offer repairs that we as experts handle, and therefore you are guaranteed top-notch service.
Our services extend nationally; we have our state service centres equipped with full backup support provided by an entire network of repair technicians and qualified service agents. All these are centrally managed and coordinated to meet all our client’s needs on a 24/7 basis.
Benefits of having your Rhima dishwasher serviced and repaired by a Rhima specialist
We have a wide range of experts who properly understand the market and therefore are familiar with patterns and trends that may occur. This kind of experience from our agents is important because it ensures that they attend to all your needs professionally and effectively addressing all your concerns.
Rhima specialists will handle your machines with proper care, and therefore you do not have to worry when you leave your dishwasher behind for repairs.
Furthermore, we offer after-sales support service that includes:
- Warranty on parts
- Detergent supply and accessories
- Dishwasher parts
- Preventative maintenance and work safety
- Consulting, commissioning, training, HACCP, and infection control
For regular maintenance, we can schedule it with you on a contract basis. More of our services include:
- Temperature tests are done occasionally to ensure that your machine operates smoothly according to the required standards.
Rhima has fully equipped workshops that have a fleet of GPS-controlled service vehicles and a 24-hour available after-hours service that offers clients:
- Continuity and reliability since we have a team of specialists that are local and hence know the market
- An independent relationship with Europe ensures that we attend to emergencies quickly.
- Factory-trained local and independent support.
- Specialists in the field of washing.
How to decide when it’s time to have your machine serviced or repaired
It is not a good decision to wait until you start to notice some malfunctions with your dishwasher. Therefore, it is crucial to be familiar with certain things that indicate that your machine needs some servicing or repair. They include the following:
- Dishes do not come out clean
- It is noisy during cleaning
- Dishes do not come out hot
- It does not drain properly
- The door does not lock properly
Rhima has one of the finest dishwashers, like the RH-60 pass-through dishwasher fitted with an auto drain overflow system that keeps the main wash tank water cleaner by using traditional techniques.
It has the following merits:
- At the end of each wash cycle, the start key flashes between green and blue; hence it becomes easier to notice peak periods,
- Double-walled hood so that less heat escapes and it’s not too hot to touch the machine
- It is fitted with a self-cleaning cycle and washes jets that make it easier to clean the machine
- Malfunctions are immediately indicated on the screen using the self-diagnostic program
- It has a thermostop that ensures the machine reaches the correct temperature levels
- Low water consumption of approximately 2.6 litres per cycle
- AISI304 Stainless Steel design
- It has a built-in drain pump
- Door safety switches so that it does open in the middle of washing.
It has the following features:
- The power supply of 415V
- Total power 10.7 kW
- Total current 3 by 15.1 amp
- Wash tank capacity 20 ltr
- Rinse water temperature of approximately 85 degrees Celsius
- Rack size 500 by 500 mm
- The tallest washable dish is 41cm
- Weight when empty is 125kg
- Water connection ¾ hose
Service and support
Preventative Maintenance and HACCP testing: Temperature checks with a calibrated thermometer, residual protein swabs, and full maintenance on the machine are some of the services offered here.
Rhima technicians will service and maintain your dishwasher at its highest performance level and reduce the risk of an expensive breakdown. Some of the benefits of Rhima preventative maintenance include:
- You get to save on electricity costs
- Savings on total maintenance costs
- Savings on water
- Low detergent usage
- It prolongs the lifespan of the equipment
- Offers insurance against unexpected major repairs
- Unplanned costs and stoppages are eliminated
How do you service a commercial dishwasher?
- Remove food remains from dishes before inserting them in the machine, use the appropriate detergent, wash inside, drain the dishwasher, clean spray nozzles, empty the filter, clean arms and jets, and top off the detergent.
What is the life of a commercial dishwasher?
- With proper cleaning and maintenance, it can last for 15 or more years
Do you call a plumber to fix a dishwasher?
- No, you are advised to call an expert on appliance repair
How do you clean and maintain a commercial dishwasher?
- Wash it regularly, ensure you empty the dishwasher, clean the edges and exterior, clean the drain, unclog it, pour acid to eliminate buildup, and always get rid of mildew.
How often should you descale a commercial dishwasher?
- At least once every week (depending on the state of the dishwasher and how often it is used)
How often should you change the water in a commercial dishwasher?
- In order to avoid poorly cleaned dishes, it is crucial that you refill the tank at least every 20 wash cycles or preferably twice a day. More often if the dishes you are washing are very dirty.
How much water do commercial dishwashers use?
- This can range, but on average, it uses at least four gallons (15 litres) per rack
Is it cheaper to repair or replace a dishwasher?
- It is cheaper to repair a dishwasher in most cases. However, if your dishwasher is expensive to repair then we recommend trading it in for a new or refurbished model. You will then get a new 12-month warranty on your dishwasher.
Who do I call if my dishwasher won’t drain?
- A qualified Rhima technician or a plumber.
How much will it cost to repair my dishwasher?
- The price ranges depending on the particular issue; it could be as little as fifty dollars or as much as a couple of thousand dollars.
How do I get rid of limescale in my commercial dishwasher?
- Pour some descaler into the machine and let it stay for an hour; this is followed by running a few wash cycles, draining the machine out and flushing it with clean, fresh water.
Do commercial dishwashers use soap?
- Most dishwashers have a built-in detergent, and therefore, there is no use for using soap.
What should be done with the commercial dishwasher at the end of each workday?
- Leave the door open so that it can air dry properly
What should be done to plates before loading a commercial dishwasher?
- Remove any food residue left on the plates to avoid clogging the dishwasher.
What is best for cleaning dishwashers?
- This depends on what your dishwasher manufacturer recommends it
How do you clean a commercial dishwasher?
- Remove food residue, use appropriate detergent, wash the inside, drain the dishwasher, clean spray nozzles, empty the filter, clean arms and jets and top off the detergent.
How do professionals clean dishwashers?
- They start by checking the dishwasher filter, using a dishwasher cleaner tablet, pouring baking soda to eliminate any existing unpleasant odours, running a cycle with vinegar, and running the machine to the highest setting.
What is the life expectancy of a commercial dishwasher?
- With proper cleaning and maintenance, it can last for at least 15 or more years.
What is the difference between commercial and residential appliances?
- They have different features; commercial appliances tend to use more resources like water and electricity than residential ones.
What temperature should a commercial dishwasher be?
- 80 degrees Celsius
Why is it a good idea to have a commercial dishwasher?
- They can wash a large number of dishes in a short period.
What chemicals are used in a commercial dishwasher?
- Chemicals are to be used depending on the manufacturer’s instructions.
Is it worth repairing a 14-year-old dishwasher?
- It is better to replace it because repairs at that age can be equally costly.
What’s the average life of a dishwasher?
- 10-15 years
Is it worth fixing a seven-year-old dishwasher?
- Seven years is not a bad age for a dishwasher; it is still worth fixing if the price is reasonable compared to a new dishwasher.