Underbench and Benchtop dishwashers are entirely different but have a similar functions. It is easy to differentiate between the two since they come in different sizes and have unique features. When it comes down to deciding which dishwasher you want, it all depends on what you want to wash, the size of your kitchen, and the amount you are willing to spend. It might be challenging to decide which dishwasher you want to use. We aim to make the decision easier as we dive into the similarities and differences between the machines in this blog to inform you of what factors you should consider to get the best experience from Rhima’s quality dishwashers.
Difference between Underbench Dishwasher and Benchtop dishwasher
Despite sharing similar functionalities, the two dishwashers have distinct features and installation requirements.
Underbench dishwashers are designed to be fitted below your benchtop or inside your kitchen cabinetry. The most important advantage of this dishwasher is that it will allow you to maintain the space you need in your kitchen since it can be fitted within your cabinetry, avoiding unnecessary space consumption that would inconvenience you. The underbench dishwasher is very powerful but efficient. If you are looking for something that will clean your dishes quickly and smoothly, this is the perfect one for you, especially if you intend to use it in a commercial kitchen where time is of the essence. Installation requirements of the underbench dishwasher are power and water supply and a drainage point. However, you should seek the support of an experienced electrician or plumber if you are unsure about doing it yourself.
You will also need a water supply, power supply and drainage point to get a benchtop dishwasher up and running. If you frequently travel to events, then it is the most preferred choice since its small size allows you to carry it anywhere with you so long as you have access to power and water. Its small sizes are very convenient and appropriate for small kitchen spaces and, consequently, it allows you to reserve enough bench space for other activities like cooking.
Benchtop dishwashers are very affordable to acquire and are not costly to run and maintain. This can be attributed to the fact that they consume less water and electricity, allowing them to be operational for as long as fifteen years. They are perfect for small kitchens since their capacity only allows them to hold a few dishes, and consequently, it will not be advisable to use them in a place that demands plenty of dishes to be used as a large restaurant.
How can we help you decide which dishwasher is better for your business?
At Rhima, we ensure that our clients make the best decision suitable for their wants and needs, so you are assured of picking what is best for your business. We have a team of experts online 24/7, ready to listen to you and offer you proper guidance. All you have to do is reach out to us, tell us what you are looking for, and we will handle the rest for you.
With our well-stocked variety of dishwashers, you are guaranteed to get just the perfect machine for your company. Whether new or old, big or small, we have the right thing for you and your business.
Our dishwashers are designed to meet the requirements of our valued clients; positive reviews can back this up. Additionally, we ensure that our machines comply with the HACCP and OH&S guidelines. This ensures they are qualified enough to last a long time.
Benefits of Rhima dishwashers
At Rhima, we strive to ensure that our dishwashers maintain high standards to be productive and efficient for a longer duration. We partner with the best international suppliers in Europe and worldwide. Therefore you can be assured of being offered quality equipment to improve your business.
We have experts that understand the dynamics of the local market, and as a result, our users are given continued and reliable services. We do not leave anything to chance, with the prime objective being to satisfy our clients. Our machines are up to date with the latest technology in this area. This ensures that our dishwashers give you nothing but optimum efficiency. This provides a lower cost of ownership.
If you want regular maintenance, Rhima can schedule this for you on a contract basis. Furthermore, we also conduct safety, hygiene and temperature tests constantly, ensuring that our machines have the ultimate standards. Additionally, our dishwashers are equipped with a drain pump and a thermostop; this safety system ensures that the machine reaches the correct temperature levels before finishing the cycle. This is with respect to complying with the HACCP guidelines.
How to decide between the choices
Deciding on whether to opt for an Underbench or Benchtop dishwasher requires intensive research to get the best out of what you want. The two dishwashers come in different sizes and have distinct features that make the prices vary. Therefore, there are several factors that you ought to consider when making a decision. They include the following:
- Affordability: This is a crucial factor that should top your list, benchtop dishwashers are generally more affordable when compared to underbench dishwashers, and as a result, if you are looking to spend less or more, you can decide based on that so that you can avoid unnecessary losses when investing in your business.
- Space: Underbench dishwashers might require some modifications in your kitchen and could take up plenty of space; meanwhile, Benchtop dishwashers are smaller and portable, therefore, do not require much space. If you have a spacious kitchen or are willing to do some modifications, underbench dishwashers are a perfect choice. If the space is small, benchtop dishwashers are suitable.
- Durability: Benchtop dishwasher space can always be carried whenever you want to move or switch places. On the other hand, underbench dishwashers can be installed in areas that will be used for an extended period.
- Cost of running and maintaining: Underbench dishwashers are generally more costly to maintain than benchtop dishwashers.
- Does it help you save on water and electricity: Benchtop dishwashers are small in size and therefore have less capacity. This makes it consume less water and electricity when compared to underbench dishwashers that are much larger.
At Rhima, you will find quality dishwashers like the VU-40 under bench dishwasher, perfect for businesses like restaurants, coffee shops, bars, offices and various other food outlets. It is mainly used for glasses, cups and saucers.
It has numerous benefits, including:
- Its double wall ensures less heat escapes, so it does not become too hot to touch.
- It has a soft-touch panel that indicates temperature and alarm errors.
- It’s fitted with a thermostat that ensures temperature levels do not exceed the required amount.
- It has built-in detergent and rinses aid pumps that ensure any chemicals connected to it are automatically dosed and injected.
- It has a four-cycle pre-set to 60/90/120 and 180 seconds
- Consumes less water(approximately 1.8ltrs per cycle)
- AISI304 Stainless Steel design
- Power supply 240V
- Total power 45 kW
- Total current 14.5 amp
- Wash tank capacity 5 ltr
- Rinse water consumption (per cycle) 1.8 ltr
- Rinsing temp (approximately) 85 degrees Celsius
- Rack size 400 by 400mm
- Tallest washable glass 5cm
- Weight when empty is 37kg
- Water connection ¾” hose
Preventative Maintenace and HACCP testing: Temperature checks with a calibrated thermometer, residual protein swabs, and complete maintenance on the machine are some of the services offered here.
Rhima technicians will service and maintain your dishwasher at its highest performance level and reduce the risk of an expensive breakdown. Some of the benefits of Rhima preventative maintenance include:
- You get to save on electricity costs
- Savings on total maintenance costs
- Savings on water
- Low detergent usage
- It prolongs the lifespan of the equipment
- Offers insurance against unexpected major repairs
- Unplanned costs and stoppages are eliminated.
What’s the difference between an underbench dishwasher and a freestanding dishwasher?
Underbench dishwashers are fitted underneath a benchtop in your kitchen, while freestanding dishwashers are stand-alone units that can function anywhere there is access to water and drainage.
What is an Underbench dishwasher?
Underbech dishwashers are machines designed to be fitted under your cabinetry or benchtop.
What is the difference between a portable dishwasher and a built-in?
Portable dishwashers can be carried anywhere, while built-in dishwashers are not movable as they are installed inside a bench or cabinetry.
Can I build in a benchtop dishwasher?
Benchtop dishwashers are not designed to be built-in cabinetry. Instead, they are to be used only as installed and just as instructed.
Can a freestanding dishwasher go under a bench?
Freestanding dishwashers are designed to be used as stand-alone units and placed anywhere near water access and drainage.
How do I know if a dishwasher will fit?
Dishwashers come in different dimensions and sizes, these measurements are labelled on them, and therefore, you will know whether they will fit perfectly where you want to fix them or if there is a need to make adjustments.
What are the different types of dishwashers?
- Underbench Dishwashers
- Benchtop Dishwashers
- Hood type or pass-through
- Compact dishwashers
How do I choose a dishwasher?
Understand your needs and preferences first, as these will be your guiding factors, for instance, size and price. You choose a dishwasher if it meets all your requirements.
Are all dishwashers the same?
Dishwashers come in different sizes and features and quality
How does a countertop dishwasher drain?
Through the drain hose that empties through your sink.
Is a small dishwasher worth it?
Yes, it is. They are very efficient to use. Additionally, they are easy to install and use.
Can a dishwasher go under a sink?
Yes, you can, although it’s better to place it beside your sink as this makes it easier to connect it to the water supply and drainage.
Do freestanding dishwashers need to be plumbed in?
Yes, if they can be plumbed in, they can be situated anywhere in your kitchen.
Can you wash pots and pans in a countertop dishwasher?
They can handle approximately four to six place settings in a single load, although some of your large pots and pans might not fit properly.
Who can hook up a dishwasher?
Any experienced electrician and plumber can hook it up for you.
How long should a dishwasher last?
With proper adequate maintenance, a dishwasher could last for 10-15 years.
Can I install a dishwasher myself?
Yes, you can ensure that you follow the installation instructions. If you have any issues, contact a qualified Rhima technician.